|Recruiting a shopkeeper, Meet the shopkeeper|
Money Can't Buy You Friends
Miles Kelly is the primary investor of Viridis Primus and is the only shopkeeper where the player can find everything they need for their house. He will move on Viridis Primus in Miles's Shop West of Player's Home after completing In Recruiting a shopkeeper and Meet the shopkeeper quests. Miles seems very friendly, always trying to make comfortable every potential customer by calling them "friend" even if he doesn't remember their name. At first, only money, profit and valuable items seem important to him but his attitude starts to change towards the player when they befriend him. When you know him better, you'll learn that he is not really the social guy that he seems to be and he's just a lonely guy with no real "friends" by his side. Miles is one of the twelve characters available to marry and is willing to be in a polyamorous relationship.
- 1 First contact
- 2 Relationships
- 3 Small talk
- 4 Relationship progress events
- 5 Random events
- 6 Collections
- 7 Portraits
The day after the player completes the Recruiting a shopkeeper job, they will be invited to meet the shopkeeper by Jade Washington. They can enter the Administration Building to meet Miles Kelly. The player will partake in a conversation with Jade and Miles.
- Miles: This is the "resource rich" planet you promised me?! And where are all the colonists?!
- Jade: Do not presume to raise your voice at me! This planet still meets all the requirements of your contract.
- Miles: You've got me there! It does follow the stipulations of the contract. But this is not what we had verbally agreed upon!
- Jade: Mr. Kelly, I do apologize, but as you know, verbal agreements are unenforceable. It is nothing personal, it is just business.
- Miles: Yes, ma'am. Business is business. Remember that in our future dealings. Oh! Hi, friend! Jade was just telling me all about you. Pleased to meet you! Miles Kelly, entrepreneur extraordinaire, investment genius, and most importantly, the man bankrolling this little expedition, at your service! — (The Shopping Spree! achievement is unlocked.)
The description of Miles Kelly is displayed.
- Miles: I'm also your new shopkeeper. Looking forward to doing business with you! Please be sure to visit my shop to check out the inventory. You can't miss it! Only shop on the planet. I'll see you both around!
Miles was born poor, in a big family and was the eldest of nine children. As the eldest, he was always taking care of his brothers/sisters and couldn't really enjoy his childhood. When he grew up, he left his family to become an entrepreneur to escape this cycle of poverty, which he succeeded in. After that, when his father passed away, he didn't attend the funeral, and since then, he hasn't heard from any of his siblings or his mother. He doesn't even know if they're still alive. Despite his ignorance about them, he still thinks of his family and he will even try to contact his mother again when the player befriends him.
Talking with characters outside of job duties can improve the player's relationship with them. Miles can say any of the following when engaging in small talk with him:
Relationship progress events
When the player is advancing from one stage (heart) in a relationship to the next, it is done so through an event.
First green heart
- Do you like fine art, friend?
- Not really.
- Unknown dialogue
- Who doesn't?
- Very good, friend! Please feel free to stop by my home sometime to view my collection.
Second Green heart
Third Green heart
First Blue heart
Second Blue heart
Third Blue heart
First Red heart
Second Red heart
Third Red heart
The player can reach the third red heart by visiting Miles's shop, when his relationship bar is full and the third red heart has been reached. This event will determine if you'll married together, move in, stay a couple or break up.
Free floor tile
The first time the player enters Miles' Shop, they will be given a free floor tile. In walking in, they will experience the tail end of a conversation between Miles and Wyatt.
Miles's Music Disc
After the player saw the third green heart event, when entering Zaheen's Clinic, they will be given the music disc for: Miles. In walking in, they will experience the tail end of a conversation between Miles and Zaheen.
|Miles's Amateur Artist|
|Painting #2||Painter's Easel|
|Painting #3||Painter's Easel|
|Painting #4||Painter's Easel|
|Miles's Pottery Professional|
|Pot 1 Design 3||Pottery Kiln|
|Pot 2 Design 2||Pottery Kiln|
|Pot 3 Design 5||Pottery Kiln|
|Pot 4 Design 1||Pottery Kiln|
|Miles's Brilliant Buddies|
|Ruby||Smashing rocks with a Pickaxe in the Mountain Cave|
|Sapphire||Smashing rocks with a Pickaxe in the Mountain Cave|
|Flower Bouquet||Woodworking Workbench|
|Miles's Elegant Embellishment|
|Elegant Fish Statue||Buy from Miles|
|Reward||Miles's Cube Miles's Brain Teaser Miles's Puzzle|